Thursday, September 6, 2012

You had me at hello...






Not surprising, really. Who wouldn't be had by this cake?

I found the recipe on pintrest a while back and knew I had to try it. Not only does is look scrumptious, but my mom made a similar cake growing up and I can't seem to get her recipe right. My family calls it hot milk cake.

This recipe is not for the faint-of-baking-heart though--there are a few steps the require TLC. Every once and a while I get the urge for a finicky recipe--one that calls for things like sifting cake flour, or a candy thermometer, or lots of steps...or all three, like this one (though I am sure you could make it without using a sifter or thermometer) :) Maybe it taps into my slight "type A-ness" which occasionally emerges from layers and layers of "type b-ness." The preciseness of measuring, the smells, watching chemistry unfold...I am beginning to sound like Alton Brown.

If none of that draws you in, the glaze alone makes this cake it worth it! We all had a few spoonfuls before it made its way onto the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment